Ahead of the Scottish Parliament elections in May this year, it is with great pleasure that we invite you to join us at a cross-party rural hustings event on Thursday 7th April to focus on the issues critical to rural Scotland.
The hustings will feature a panel of representatives from the Scottish Conservatives, Scottish Labour, Scottish Liberal Democrats, the Scottish Green Party and the SNP. It will provide a fantastic opportunity for us to debate the key rural issues and ask candidates from each party to set out their vision for rural Scotland, with a range of organisations and guests from across the rural sector in attendance.
The hustings will be held at the Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, EH28 8NB, on the evening of Thursday 7th April from 7pm till 9pm. Tickets for this event are free of charge, and must be booked in advance via Eventbrite - click here for tickets to the National Rural Hustings
The hustings will be moderated by Ken Rundle, SRUC.
This event has been organised and is supported by a range of rural industry groups, including:
- Scottish Land & Estates
- NFU Scotland
- Rural Housing Scotland
- Scottish Tenant Farmers Association
- Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group
- Scottish Crofters Association
- Association of Deer Management Groups
- Scottish Beef Association
- Scottish Gamekeepers Association
- Scottish Association of Young Farmers
- Scottish Countryside Alliance
- National Sheep Association
- Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Scottish Association for Country Sports
- British Association for Shooting and Conservation
- Scottish Agricultural Organisation Association
- Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland