Following the Annual General Meetings of the Association of Salmon Fishery Boards (ASFB) and Rivers and Fisheries Trusts of Scotland (RAFTS) in November, the below key changes were agreed and adopted.
- A single organisation will represent the interests of the network of district salmon fishery boards (DSFBs) and fishery trusts in Scotland
- The organisation is now called Fisheries Management Scotland
- A single board will oversee management of the organisation
- Rivers and Fisheries Trusts of Scotland will cease its current operational procedures on or before the 31st of March 2017. After that date RAFTS will have no full time staff.
- A small staff team will deliver the work-streams of Fisheries Management Scotland.