Plans to boost the number of digital jobs to 150,000 by 2021 have been outlined in the Scottish Government’s new digital strategy. Realising Scotland’s full potential in a Digital World sets out how the Scottish Government intends to place digital at the heart of everything it does from reforming public services to delivering economic growth.
- Creating the conditions which could lead to 150,000 working in digital technology jobs across Scotland by the start of the next decade.
- Ensuring that every premises in Scotland is able to access broadband speeds of at least 30Mbps by 2021
- A new digital school programme
- A new round of funding from community digital inclusion projects and expand Scotland’s Digital Participation Charter
- Infrastructure that is secure and resilient against cyber attack
- A new Digital Growth Fund to address the current undersupply of digital skills.