The Brodies team of compulsory purchase specialists explain what you need to know about compulsory purchase to arm you with the essential information you need to protect your interests.
- Blight – What is blight and are you affected?
- Fees – Professional fees can be a worry for landowners claiming compensation. What are you entitled to and how does it work?
- Tax – Nothing is certain but death and taxes, but can taxes be claimed from the acquiring authority?
- Title issues – Ownership and tenancy interests matter. Who can claim and for what? What happens to my claim if I transfer the land?
- Contractors – Who is responsible legally when things go wrong? How to avoid a problem becoming a crisis.
- Time limits – Don’t be caught out by the ticking clock! What are the key deadlines and how do you meet them.
- Access – What rights does the acquiring authority have? Will you be compensated for temporary use?
- Mitigating your losses – What does this mean and how far do you have to go?
- Your claim – What’s in and what’s out? Our essential guide to recovering your losses.
Tuesday 2 May
Huntingtower Hotel, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 3JT
Tuesday 16 May
Atholl Palace Hotel, Perth Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5LX
Tuesday 6 June
The Cairngorm Hotel, Grampian Road, Aviemore, PH22 1PE
17.30 - Registration
18.00 - Presentation
19.00 - Questions followed by refreshments
Odell Milne - Partner, Land & Rural Business
Karen Hamilton - Partner, Planning
Scott Logan - Managing Associate, Land & Rural Business