Drawing from over a century of experience, we exist to help rural Scotland thrive by championing and supporting rural businesses that provide economic, social and environmental benefit to the countryside.
Our members are drawn from land-based businesses and the individuals that work in or for them. Together, we are a network of people and enterprises committed to promoting a healthy and vibrant rural sector.
Scottish Land & Estates members enjoy a wide range of services and benefits, together with the opportunity to become involved in our work whilst being secure in the knowledge that their interests are being promoted at the highest level.
Advice, information & support
• A personalised membership area of our website with regularly updated industry information, best practice and guidance for your business
• Dedicated support, information and advice over the phone and via email from our policy team
• The opportunity to advance your knowledge at conferences, seminars and social events
• A quarterly subscription to LandBusiness – our sector magazine – keeping you up to date with member information and celebrating rural business successes
• Regular email updates with details of our latest developments and events
• Local representation through an SLE regional committee led by a Chair and supported by a dedicated SLE regional colleague
• Preferential rates on carefully selected products and services
• Opportunity to contribute your experience and views towards our influencing work at Holyrood, Westminster, local authorities and with various agencies
• Chance to join our Board, National Policy Group, specific topics groups, your SLE regional committee or hub to help shape our work
• Invitation to our Annual General Meeting to influence the direction of SLE
• Support to lobby your local MSPs and MP on key issues impacting your business or community
Learning & networking
• Extensive networking opportunities across the sector locally and nationally
• The opportunity to build relationships with individuals and organisations through local, regional and national networking events
• Invitations to member-only events and discounts on other SLE events
• Access to the knowledge and experiences of other members through a variety of means such as our Walk & Talk events which offer behind the scenes tours of other members’ businesses
• Exclusive roundtable discussions with key regional stakeholders
• Preferential advertising rates for our website, enews and LandBusiness - our sector magazine with a readership of 10,000
• Free entry for professional and trade members in our comprehensive online Business Directory
• Sponsorship opportunities which can include speaker slots at a diverse range of events
• Chance to contribute blog content to our website
• Promotion of your business through our social media channels (more than 10,000 followers across LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)
*All of the above are subject to membership type
For a more detailed discussion on the benefits of SLE membership, please get in touch with Tony Stevenson, Head of Business, on 0131 653 5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits from Members
BorderLink specialise in delivering super-fast broadband to even the most remote locations through our unique wireless technologies. We offer a range of packages with speeds up to 100mbit. Our network currently covers 3000km2 of the Scottish Borders, and we are rapidly expanding into Dumfries and Galloway & South Lanarkshire. We are offering a special discount to other members of Scottish Land and Estates so feel free to get in touch and book in a free, non-obligatory site survey. Contact BorderLink for more, exciting, details! 01361 413 333
An exclusive discount for Scottish Land & Estates members. As a member you can enjoy 10% off Hardware purchases and 20% off Annual Subscription costs! To make the most of this great offer please get in touch with Rebecca at email@example.com or you can phone 01908 330 385. Please quote your SLE membership number as reference. We will look forward to hearing from you.
At DWS Associates Limited we are passionate about helping rural enterprises to prosper and thrive. We would like to offer fellow Scottish Land & Estates members a 25% reduction (£375 plus VAT) on our standard day rate. Please get in touch!
An extremely efficient insulation product reducing the cost of meeting EPC standards. Up to 10 properties = 5% discount and above 10 properties = 10% discount adding even greater savings for SLE members.
Today we are launching our preliminary Woodland Creation and Evaluation Report which will:
- Examine your woodland creation options and initial design
- Determine your Woodland Carbon Code potential
- Provide you with an overview of income, expenditure and cashflow
We are offering SLE members this service at a discounted price of £750 (+VAT) – a saving of £500*.
If you decide to retain Forest Direct Ltd to deliver your new woodland, we will refund the cost of the report to you.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial free 30-minute introductory consultation.
As a Scottish Land & Estates Member you are entitled to a free 30-minute phone consultation or an email conversation with a member of our team, we offer wide ranging support as can be seen below and from our website. Following this free consultation, if you require any further services including letters, contracts, policies or an on-site visit by a member of the Greenburn team this will be quoted for at a Member rate.
What can we support you with?
We pride ourselves on offering practical, sensible and affordable solutions for you and your business.
Whether you need support with:
Contracts of Employment
Employee Handbooks or one-off Policies
Salary Benchmarking - knowing what to pay when
Conduct, Performance or Absence issues
Redundancy or Settlement Agreements
Training and Development programmes
Or just a bit of advice.. We're here to support you with whatever you need.
We are offering SLE members a free consultation whilst connecting you with one of our Project Developer suppliers, alternatively, collaborating with your own established Project Developer or Rural Consultant. Contact us today for a free Landowner Information Pack including a current carbon offsetting price guide!
Scottish Land and Estates members are entitled to a 30 minute consultation to discuss their approach to communications, marketing and community engagement. Please email me on email@example.com to schedule a suitable time. I look forward to hearing from you.
Enjoy 20% off RadiWarm’s energy efficient pipeless radiators before 31st December. Our pipeless electric radiators are wall-mounted and plug into a standard socket, fully sealed and need no maintenance. Choose from the Signature or Economy+ ranges in a variety of sizes. Contact us or call 01422 231925.
Do your staff need to upskill in the area of social media? Perhaps you’d like some of your team members to learn how to write their own press releases? Or maybe you would like to learn how to take better photos for your business using just an iPhone? Scene & Herd offers SLE members a 10% discount on all our bespoke and off the shelf training packages. Simply get in touch by email to find out more!
As the digital partner of Scottish Land & Estates we are pleased to be able to offer the following exclusive discount to all SLE members and partners:
A full 10% Discount on Web Design, SEO & Digital Marketing services.
To take advantage of this SLE member discount please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details or call 01743 588150.
Timberplay Scotland are delighted to offer SLE members free consultation and design services. With extensive knowledge and a strong track record with the UK leisure and tourism sectors, we can bring outstanding play projects into your visitor offer and can evidence return on investment opportunities.
Please contact Mark Grimshaw for an initial discussion and site visit; email@example.com, 07976462196
Through our offering, all SL&E members would be able to save 3p per litre off the pump price for diesel purchases at all BP, Shell and Esso sites in the UK. Through our Fastfuel card, members will be able to save 3p per litre for diesel purchases at Texaco sites and on our UK Fuels network of independent sites, whilst also being able to access Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s supermarkets at pump price.