*Information on our support pages is correct as of 16:30 on 06 March 2021*
Coronavirus (Covid-19): Support for Scottish Land & Estates members
Our member support pages exist to allow members to find relevant guidance and updates relating to Coronavirus (Covid-19) for our rural businesses and communities in Scotland.
As we progress through the different phases of the Scottish Government's route map for Scotland, we will continue to update these pages as necessary.
As per government recommendations, our colleagues at SLE are working from home. If you need to contact a specific colleague, you can find email addresses for each colleague on the Our Staff page. We are ready to continue offering our services to members. Whether it’s a question for our policy team or a query for our membership or regional teams, we will continue to offer members a great service.
These have been challenging times for our rural communities, businesses and for wider society. The most important thing we can do right now is continue to heed the advice of health officials. Please follow all governmental and official guidelines to help make sure yourself, your staff and your communities remain safe.
Recent updates from the Scottish and UK Governments relating to various aspects of funding and restrictions are collated here, including:
03 March 2021 – Extension of furlough scheme announced
02 March 2021 – Scotland’s Strategic Framework Update
01 March 2021 – Local Authority Discretionary Fund information table
25 February 2021 – Scottish Country Sports Restart Fund *UPDATE*
16 February 2021 – Non-domestic rates relief extension
Information on Covid-19 in relation to our areas of work:
Information on the right of responsible access throughout Scotland during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Information on current advice on aspects of deer management, including as a purpose of pest control.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, we have continued to raise awareness around the issue of flytipping blighting the Scottish countryside.
Well managed forestry and woodland deliver multiple objectives for the economy, society and environment. You'll find guidelines for forestry as related to Covid-19 here.
Information on current advice for tenants, landlords and property owners.
Our overview of information which we think will be of value to members, as it is released. Additional information for anyone who works for a business or organisation, or who employs staff can also be found here.
Information from the Scottish Government relating to different areas of the tourism sector.
Information and contact details for a variety of groups representing different aspects of wildlife management.
- UK Government advice in relation to travel can be found here.
- Test numbers for Covid-19 can be found here and are updated daily.
- The latest NHS updates on the Coronavirus can be found here.
- If you are a key worker and believe you need a COVID-19 test, advice on who classifies as a key worker is available here. Appointments for drive-through testing centres can be booked here.
- Are your friends, neighbours & family ok? Are you ok? Make time to talk. Remember, Royal Scottish Agricultural Benevolent Institution's (RSABI) helpline - 0300 1114166 - is open 365 days a year, 7am to 11pm.
- Together with the Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers and Support in Mind Scotland, we have created an information sheet - Looking after our mental health and wellbeing - which will be beneficial to members struggling as we proceed through different regulations related to Covid.
- Different councils have various definitions of terms such as "key workers". If you have any concerns regarding terminology in your area, contact your Regional Support Officer. If you need help in finding out who your Regional Support Officer is, contact us directly.
- Advice for those with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 is available here.