Werritty Report Webinar (Members Only)
Please remember to log in BEFORE Clicking the ‘Book Now’ button, to make sure you obtain the members rate!
We are holding a webinar on 26 May via Zoom at 1.45pm to update moorland owners and managers on the “Werritty Report” and to discuss the future of grouse moor management in Scotland. The event is sponsored by Gillespie Macandrew and supported by the Game and Wildlife Conservation.
The webinar will run from 1.45 – 3.00 pm and the agenda will be:
- Background to the review and panel members introductions – Andrew Hopetoun, Chair, Scottish Moorland Group
- Recommendations of the report and current SLE policy position – Tim Baynes, Director Moorland, Scottish Land & Estates
- What the recommendations on medicated grit, mountain hare culling and muirburn mean in practice – Adam Smith, Director of Policy Scotland, GWCT Scotland
- Legal implications of the recommendations - Robert Scott Dempster, Head of Land & Rural, Gillespie MacAndrew
- Update on MSP & stakeholder engagement – Sarah-Jane Laing, Chief Executive, Scottish Land & Estates
- Questions to the speakers and discussion
This is a crucial opportunity for you to hear the detail of the Werritty report and the implications of the recommendations. We hope you will be able to join the discussions online.