- These terms and conditions explain how you may use this website (scottishlandandestates.co.uk), from here on referenced as The Site.
- You should read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site.
- By accessing or using the site, you are deemed to accept the following Terms and Conditions.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should leave the site immediately.
- Any individual breach of these Terms and Conditions will be denied future access to The site.
- We reserve the right to modify the content of these Terms and Conditions, without notice and at any time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes, and your continued use of the site means you accept these changes.
- If you have any questions about The Site, please contact us at email@example.com
Using The Site
- Scottish Land & Estates owns and controls all rights relating to The Site.
- Visitors to the site can legally view, copy and print documents for their personal use only.
- Written permission from Scottish Land & Estates must be sought prior to reproducing or transmitting any features of this Website or documentation that is not intended for personal or in-house use.
- Viewed, copied, or printed documents must not be altered in any way, and the content must not be quoted out of context.
- Visitors are not permitted to alter, deface, or reproduce the Website design, graphics or text, including its appearance and features.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part or feature of The Site, or any other systems or services connected to The Site, by password ‘mining’, hacking or any other illegitimate means.
- You may not scan, probe or test the vulnerability of The Site.
- You may not reverse look up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user or visitor of the site.
- You may not use any device or software to interfere with the proper use of the site.
Limitations on our Liability
- The Company does not accept legal liability for any advice given to members either by other members or its employees or anyone purporting to act on behalf of the Company. Any advice provided to members is intended as initial guidance only and should not be relied upon or acted upon as substantive advice by the member, who should seek appropriate independent professional advice.
- While we try to ensure that The Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any of the information you supply to us.
- Scottish Land & Estates seeks to ensure that the information found on this Website is accurate and up to date, though neither the Organisation nor its employees are legally liable for any inaccuracies, mistakes, or omissions regarding this information. Any reliance you place on the information on The Site is at your own risk.
- Scottish Land & Estates reserves the right to change, improve, substitute, or remove any material stored on this Website without notice and at any time.
- Scottish Land & Estates reserves the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate the accessibility of this Website without notice and at any time.
- Scottish Land & Estates and its employees, agents and contractors are not liable for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the Website, or from using the information available on the Website and does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Visitors should not assume that Scottish Land & Estates agrees with the views of other organisations referred to on this site through external links or other means.
- Visitors are personally responsible for their behaviour while on the Website and Blog and agree to indemnify Scottish Land & Estates and its employees from and against any loss, damage, liability, costs or expense of any kind that may be incurred in relation to a third party claim or otherwise in relation to use or access of the Website and Blog and violation of these Terms & Conditions.
- Any downloaded material and the operation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Any dispute transpiring from these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Events beyond our control
We shall not be liable to you for any breach of these terms caused by an event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. This may include, but is not limited to, flood, fire or strikes.
Sale of Goods or Services on The Site
The purchase of goods or services on our site could include, but is not limited to; purchase of membership and event tickets.
We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that the information that you give us when paying is secure by using a secure payment mechanism. However, on the absence of negligence on our part, we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
All payments by credit or debit card must be authorised by the relevant card issuer. Once you have completed the online checkout process, you will receive a confirmation email.
The cancellation of your purchase is subject to the conditions of the individual event. Please check the terms and conditions on the events booking materials and get in touch with SLE HQ on 0131 653 5400 if you have any questions.
Contributing to the site – The Scottish Land & Estates Blog
We moderate all comments on the Scottish Land & Estates Blog to protect users against any content that we consider to be offensive, defamatory or liable to cause alarm. Comments will be reviewed prior to publication and will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken any of the rules below.
Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-5pm on weekdays and on a part-time basis outside of those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not published instantly.
Scottish Land & Estates cannot guarantee that all content can be published. We will publish as many comments as possible without editing.
In order to encourage constructive debate and discussion on the Scottish Land & Estates Blog, we have created a number of rules to ensure that all users are properly protected and that nobody abuses the forum.
- Don't hide behind a pseudonym - Use your real name (first name and surname) and a valid email address (your email address won’t be published) and do not impersonate others as this is strictly prohibited.
- Be relevant - Your comment should relate to the article concerned and to the inherent issue(s). We want to hear from as many different people as possible, thus participants should keep their number of contributions per debate to a reasonable level.
- Intelligent debate means just that - We won't post comments that in our view aren't adding to the debate. In particular any sweeping generalisations about an individual, another organisation or society in general won't be posted.
- Keep it clean - Sexism, ageism, homophobia, religious bigotry and racism won't be tolerated. Comments using vulgar or abusive language won't be posted.
- Be considerate - Robust debate is encouraged, but personal attacks, designed to put down or insult others and trolling designed to deliberately anger or provoke, are not permitted. Any material that we consider to be abusive, defamatory, inflammatory, obscene, profane or otherwise offensive in any way will be deleted. Threads may be closed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Limit your links - We can't check the content or robustness of other websites, therefore we'd prefer you didn't litter your posts with lots of live links. Official sites, such as those run by Governments or councils, are acceptable. However, links to websites we consider to be unsuitable will be removed, including those with racist material, pornographic or sexually explicit material, potentially defamatory material and anything which encourages illegal activities.
- Direct any complaints - If you have a specific issue that you want to raise, or you would like to report something which you think has slipped through moderation and been posted, please contact the HQ team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No Spam - No spamming by posting of the same (or very similar) messages to lots of conversation threads and no flooding by posting over and over again the same (or very similar) message to the same conversation. No advertising is allowed, including spamming the bog with promotions for your own business, no matter how legitimate.
- Language - All postings and comments are to be in English language only.
- Parental Guidance - If you are under the age of 16 please get your parent or guardian’s permission before taking part in a conversation on the Blog.
- Transgressions - Scottish Land & Estates reserves the right to refuse or block particular email addresses where a serious breach of the rules has been deemed to have taken place and prohibit any future postings.